Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Homesick

I've never been so ready to leave somewhere in my entire life. I was so excited to come up to DC for the summer. Thought I'd see old friends, explore my old city, etc. etc. I really and truly expected the city to be just like I'd left it. Turns out, you really can't go home again. I've been in Nashville, TN for the last two years, and the last thing I expected to feel this summer was homesick. I mean, don't get me wrong, Nashville's a great city, but I didn't realize that living somewhere could have that big an impact on me. I guess I should have, though. 2 years in DC, and I was ready to commit my entire life to living here. 2 years in Nashville, and it too has come to feel like home. I miss it. Sunday can't come soon enough.

3 comments:

Jeff said...

Sorry that DC hasn't turned out this summer as you'd expected it to be. Glad I'll get to see you before you head out.

Justin S. said...

Why am I just finding out now that you have a blog?

Justin S. said...

So I discover your blog and then you quit blogging? What's up with that?!